Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A close call!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car was parked and I wasn't in it, but on the first snow of the year someone turned the corner and slid, rearending my car and causing my car to also hit the parked car in front of me. I had no idea anything had happened until the police rang my buzzer while I was still in my bathrobe eating cereal and getting ready for school. When I finally made it downstairs my car was on the sidewalk!

    It wasn't totaled but it did have to be towed. At least I don't have to pay for anything and the rental I'm driving now is much nicer than my 6-year old car!

    I had 2 classes that day and in my second class I was supposed to give a Powerpoint on school uniforms, using Kit and Samantha as models for some school uniform outfits I have. After my teacher moved my presentation date up a whole week, I was afraid that if I didn't make it to class my teacher would have thought I didn't finish my presentation and I was blowing off the class.

    I rode with the tow truck carrying my backpack, purse and a large canvas tote bag with my 2 dolls in it to the repair shop. A rental car had to be driven to the shop so I could drive off to school with it. I missed my first class but made it to my second class. I was about 15min late but I got there and gave my presentation. Whew!

    My poor dollies had to go downstairs, sit with me in my freezing cold car while I was calling everyone under the sun on my cell phone, then go back upstairs to wait, then back down again in the car, then ride in the tow truck, wait in the repair shop then finally get into the very nice rental off to school to my presentation. Poor girls!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 07, 2005 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Katie from IL ]</font>

  2. #2
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Post

    Glad to know that you and your girls are safe and warm!!!

  3. #3
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    Maybe they liked the adventure!

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow!! Well glad everything worked out.. I know how it feels to panic about a project (kinda like I am now!) ahahaha But like was already said... sounds like your gals had a fun christmas time adventure!! I can't wait to see AG make it into a short story

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is like a d?j? vu for me. The only difference being that the police didn't knock on my door or ring the doorbell, but called me on the phone - and I was still my pj's.

    The good thing though is that you weren't in the car and therefore not hurt. However, you still have the hassle with getting the car fixed and missing your first lesson.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank God you were not in the car!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bump!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any updates Katie? How is your poor car doing?


    ETA: Got to the new update thread in the meantime.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 13, 2005 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Miki_ ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •